It's the time of year to indulge in cookies, cheesy Christmas songs, and cocktails. We're not ones for baking -- and you certainly don't want to hear us sing -- but we do know a lot about cocktails so we've rounded up some of 100 holiday cocktail recipes for your enjoyment. Pick out a few to try and get ready to impress your guests, and yourself, with some old favorites and brand new drinks. Yes, you read that right: 100 recipes. We even organized them for you. Happy Holidays!
54 Holiday Cocktail Recipes
Whether you want heavy, dessert in a glass type cocktails or something light and fizzy for brunch we've got you covered with 100 holiday cocktail recipes sorted into helpful categories. Did we miss one of your favorites? Let us know in the comments.
These cocktail recipes are hot -- literally! Heated drinks are perfect for winter entertaining so we figured we'd get to them first.
- Hot Buttered Rum: Delicious but heavy -- perfect when you're just doing cocktails and maybe cookies. Definitely not for drinking with a meal.
- Tom & Jerry*
- Cabin Fever
- Hot & Heavey Grog
- Spiked Hot Cocoa
- Gimme S'more
- Apple Spiced Bourbon Toddies
- Hot Pumpkin Toddy - In case you haven't gotten enough pumpkin spice this year.
- Milk Punch
- Esky's Hot Spot
Tradition isn't always a bad thing. There are some drinks that just scream of the holidays and one of those is egg nog.
Punch might seem outdated, like something your grandparents would serve, but it's a great idea. It is easy to make, it's self-serve, and you can make all different kinds to suit your guests' tastes and what you're serving.
- Fizzy Cranberry-Orange Punch: Nothing says party like sparkling drinks!
- Sparking Pomegranate Punch
- Fish House Punch
- Sweet Gin Symphony
- Cherry Maple Leaf
- Bruleed Grapefruit Bourbon Punch
- Bowery Punch
- Pomegranate Mojito Punch: The icering and ice cubes for this punch are so incredibly festive.
- Old Fashioneds: Make a big batch of this favored whiskey cocktail.
A brunch staple, mimosas combine sparkling wine and orange juice. But these recipes stray far from the original recipe to include all kinds of flavorful combinations perfect for adding to your list of holiday cocktail recipes.
- Cranberry Mimosa: Cranberries are perfect at Christmas
- Six Holiday Mimosas from Delish: A half dozen holiday cocktail recipes all in one place!
- Glitter Cranberry Mimosa: This is the cocktail that will make it onto next year's holiday card -- just be sure to include the recipe!
- Spicy Carrot Sunrise Mimosa: Sounds strange but this combo has been getting rave reviews.
- Beer & Grapefruit Mimosa: At first, just the idea of a beer grapefruit mimosa sounded strange but swapping champagne for beer and adding grapefruit plays on shandy style beers and those with citrusy hops. Why not?
- Strawberry Grapefruit Mimosa: This holiday cocktail recipe includes tequila.
The martini glass is a great canvas for a gorgeous cocktail. Grab some of yours and check out these festive holiday cocktail recipes.
- Candy Cane Cocktail
- Santa's Sleigh
- Gingerbread Martini
- Ginger Snap
- Maple Butter Kiss
- S'mores Delight
- Silent Night
- Champagne Granita
- Glacier Cocktail
No matter what type of cocktail you like, or what you're itching to try, chances are we've covered it here in our list of 54 holiday cocktail recipes. When you need supplies, come on down to Jersey Wine & Spirits and we'll help you find all of the ingredients you need!
* When serving nogs and other cocktails with raw egg be sure to let guests know. Uncooked egg yolks are risky for certain people. Storebought egg nog (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) are always safe but the homemade stuff is riskier. Be sure to let guests know that you've used raw eggs if you make homemade nog. Even if non-alcoholic, warn pregnant women as many avoid uncooked eggs altogether.