Did you forget the corkscrew when you headed out the door with that bottle of wine? Have no fear! Your friends at Jersey Wine & Spirits have a few ways for you to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew.
How To Open A Bottle Of Wine Without A Corkscrew
Grab Your Toolbox
If you don't have a corkscrew, look for a tool box. For this method you will need a screw, screwdriver and a hammer or pair of pliers. This method can use a variety of household items (see the video all the way at the bottom of the post!).
- Twist the screw into the center of the cork so that only about 1/2" sticks out.
- Use the hammer or pliers to pull the cork out.
Did You Bring Your Keys?
A house or other standard key makes a great corkscrew!
- Push the key into the cork off center at a 45 degree angle.
- Grasp the bottle at the neck and use your other hand to turn and pull the key.
Take Your Shoe Off
We recommend doing this one outdoors in case you spill. Being careful will avoid any lost wine.
- Remove a shoe.
- Place the bottle in the shoe hole.
- With consistent pressure, bang against a brick or cement wall (do not do this on drywall).
It Works Both Ways
Sure the cork comes out of the bottle, but it also goes in. Gently push the cork into the bottle and you won't have to worry about getting it out!
Never miss out on your favorite bottle again!